Note: This role can accommodate a working-from-home base. As well as being an individual contributor, there is a player manager element to the role; the ideal candidate will bring sales method and process to the company and in time, there is scope to build out the sales function. Customers are in Ireland, U.K. Europe, but travel is not at the disruptive level.
Our client has successfully developed a new ground-breaking evolution in ventilation systems. Their unique patented pre-insulated system is mass produced and is readily available off-the-shelf for next day delivery. The now-established product brings measurable technical and commercial benefits to users and buyers, and has recently been adopted as standard part of the product range of one of the largest global companies in air treatment and climate solutions.
The role is ideal for someone who can bring strong selling and communication skills to commercializing and scaling a technical innovation, and deal with end users, engineers, commercial leaders and consultants.
- Meet revenue targets to new end customers.
- Generate product sales through consulting engineers.
- Targets will be tracked monthly and quarterly.
Key Sales Activities
- Establish targeted prospect lists.
- Develop opportunities with end customers.
- Promote a new product to Top Tier consulting engineers.
- Present & demonstrate the product, its applications, advantages, benefits and value to relevant prospects.
- Manage & Report sales pipeline progress, forecasts and relevant activity.
- Work with internal (technical) colleagues to develop proposals.
- There will be some travel to the U.K. and other European countries.
Requirements / Background / Qualifications
- Background dealing with technical buyers, especially engineering executives and end users. Selling to or having sold consulting engineers will be a very good advantage.
- A technical qualification, ideally in engineering/ construction / building services and / or you have developed a high level of technical capability through proven experience in an industrial setting.
- Proven business development skills, selling to senior technical (engineering) stakeholders, executives and decision-makers.
- Experience in a technical sector, ideally construction / building services related.
- You need to be able to work independently and take ownership of making sales happen.
- Experience working / selling outside of Ireland, especially in a technical environment is an advantage and / or working with or in the multinational sector.
- Selling a margin-based product is an advantage, as is a background selling in an environment where margin can be defended and increased.
Package: Senior-level base salary + Commission plan. Negotiable for good fit candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded sales professional, who can take ownership of a new commercial project and develop new business. You will be selling an innovative product, with clear technical and commercial differentiation and benefits, with the potential to become a significant new stream of revenue for the company. It’s therefore a valuable career move, for the right person.